Ordering and Shipping
As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order (Monday-Friday), we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment. If your item is on back-order or unavailable, we will reach out to you via phone or e-mail to see if you want to:
- pre-order your product (if allowed by the supplier),
- change to an available variant of your product (example: another color)
- change to another product, or
- cancel the order.
- If pre-ordering is available and you wish to do this, we will charge your card on pre-order placement.
If your order is stock and we process the charges to your credit card, it will ship within five business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the shippng e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com.
Please note that where free shipping is offered it applies only to most ebike/mobility scooter shipments (not accessories or parts) within the continental and contiguous 48 United States.
Free Shipping Exceptions
- For a small number of zip codes in some dense urban areas of New York City or for island areas within the continental 48 US states (the Florida keys for example) there may be a shipping surcharge. Orders under $500 or orders for bulky or hazardous accessory items (batteries, for instance) may be subject to a shipping and handling charge.
- For EWheels mobility scooters, there is a destination surcharge added that applies to shipments to: NY, NJ, RI, VT, NH, ME, MA, PA and the Florida Keys.
Note: Please check the supplier/manufacturer warranty tab on each product page for the applicable policies on warranties and returns (just scroll down to the supplier/manufacturer of your product). In all cases, their policies supersede those of electricbyke.com
Due to the high volume of orders during November and December please allow up to 2 extra business days for order processing and up to 3-5 extra business days for shipment/delivery. While our team is always working to get your orders to you as quickly as we can, our suppliers and their shipping carriers are working at full capacity this year and are taking longer than usual to process and deliver the packages. For orders on in-stock products made after mid-December, we cannot be certain of delivery by December 24th.
As an industry standard, some bikes might have minor cosmetic blemishes due to the nature of shipping. Most manufacturer warranties do not cover small scratches in paint due to shipping damage.
If your bike sustained damage in shipping, the manufacturer will replace any of the parts that were damaged. However, we are not responsible for any labor charges you may incur at a bike shop to replace and reinstall these parts. In the case that there is damage to your bike upon arrival, please take pictures of the box and shipping labels as well as any damages your bike has sustained as they may be required to process your claim.
Inspection: Please inspect the item before assembly or discarding any packaging. Returned items that arrive damaged, used or otherwise not as-new and/or without original packaging are refunded on a pro-rated basis.
If your bike is being delivered "Signature Required" plan accordingly (all Electric Bikes and all bikes over $500 are generally shipped "Signature Required").
When you receive your shipment, ask the carrier the following questions:
- Is it damaged? Check for holes, water stains, and tears. Check to see if package has been opened. Listen for something broken inside.
- If your delivery doesn't check out, do the following:
If only partially damaged, accept it and note exceptions on delivery receipt. DO NOT REFUSE SHIPMENT.
- Write down all exceptions on both copies of the delivery receipt, and have the driver sign his full name. After the driver signs, you sign also.
- Unpack your bike box and if you have any missing parts or damaged parts email our Customer Care Team with photographs and your findings: firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not assemble your bicycle until you hear back from us regarding any missing or damaged parts.
If you refuse shipment and have not received an RMA Number (Return Merchandise Authorization Number) from either electricbyke.com or the manufacturer of your product prior to refusing shipment (aka Refusing Delivery), then the return policy will apply and you will not be refunded the shipping costs.
Cancellations & Refunds:
All orders cancelled after 48 hours may be subject to a $20 administration fee, whether or not your order has shipped. If your order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you used when placing your order.